DEWALT DCD771C2 20Volt Compact Drill/Driver Kit
The DeWALT DCD771C2 20V Compact Drill/Driver provides the perfect combination of the drill or screw gun for you. Whether you are looking for a tool that will help you tighten up loose screws on a kitchen drawer or drive pilot holes for an outdoor fixture, you’ll quickly find that the DeWALT DCD771C2 is the one tool you’ll have to have with you for any project.
Who’s It For?
This DeWALT drill/driver combination is designed for:
- the DIY’er looking for a multipurpose tool
- the woodworker requiring different levels of torque
- the handyman needing to be prepared for unexpected situations
- the contractor wanting a reliable tool he’ll love to use all day
Essential Features of DEWALT DCD771C2
The DeWALT DCD771C2 20v has a compact, lightweight design, high-performance motor delivering 300 unit watts out of power. The high-speed transmission provides two-speed settings (0-450 rpm; 1500 rpm). It uses a 1/2″ single sleeve ratcheting chuck and incorporates an ergonomic handle.
The DeWALT DCD771C2 features a lightweight, compact design that fits beautifully into tight areas. It uses a 20-volt lithium ion battery that delivers 300 unit watts of power and lasts longer than the older NiCD batteries. It has two-speed settings. Low (0-450 rpm) is perfect when you’re using the DCD771C2 as a screw gun and need to protect the finish on the project. When you need more power, the 1500 rpm high setting will give you everything you need.
Built with convenience and comfort in mind, the DeWALT DCD771C2 has 1/2-inch sleeve tightening clutch that gives you tight gripping strength. The keyless chuck means you don’t have to find the chuck if you need to change bits, and you don’t have to worry about that dangling key that you know is bobbing around somewhere while you work. It features an ergonomic handle that gives you comfort and control. At 3.6 pounds, the DCD771C2 has a balanced feel that will let you use it comfortably for hours.
With 16 different clutch settings, you’ll be able to adjust the amount of torque you need the second you need it. It also includes all of the additional features you’ve come to expect with today’s drills. The variable setting allows you to back out screws sleekly, and it has an LED light mounted just above the trigger.
- Lightweight – At 3.6 pounds, you can use it for hours without fatigue.
- Compact – The DCD771C2 is designed to fit into tight spaces.
- Ergonomic design – The grip fits comfortably in your hand for comfort and light use.
- Balance – The weight is even to provide you better control.
- Battery Life – The lithium ion batteries have a better life and a quicker charge than the cadmium-nickel predecessors.
- Keyless Chuck – Somewhat standard on today’s drills, the keyless chuck makes changing bits easy without a quick-change adapter.
- LED Light – An LED light mounted above the trigger will allow you to see more easily.
- Dual Speed – The dual speed selection lets you decide between work for more critical projects and the need for more torque on harder surfaces.
- Speed Controls – Choose from 15 different speed controls to adjust between 0-450 RPM and avoid stripping screws.
- Durability – DeWALT is known for building top-of-the-line products that last for years. You’ll be handing this drill down to your children.
- Magnet Tray – It lacks a magnet tray for storing screws as you work.
- Bit Holder – The DCD771C2 also lacks a bit holder that you might find on other products.
- Soft Case – Rather than a hard plastic shell, the drill comes in a small canvas case that can hold only a few extras like a set of bits.
- Battery Questions – Most of the complaints about the DCD771C2 are related to the batteries more than the drill itself.
Does it come with a case?
No. The DCD771C2 comes with a canvas bag?
Does it include a battery? charger?
The basic drill includes a single battery, which is great for people looking for this tool to expand their DeWALT tools. A standard kit will include an extra battery and a charger. If this is your first DeWALT product, the package will give you everything you need to keep this drill going.
How long does it take to charge a battery?
Most users say their batteries recharge in about an hour.
Does it work with all drill bits?
Yes, although you will find packages that include various sets of drill bits with the purchase.
Is this an impact driver?
This is not an impact driver. It has lots of power and can work on several surfaces with a variety of bits, but it is not an impact driver designed for work on hard masonry surfaces.
The key to any cordless product is to take great care of the batteries. They are the life of the tool, so that should be pretty obvious. Lithium-ion batteries charge best between 65 and 75 degrees Fahrenheit. It’s best to have a spare ready to use, and unless the product tells you otherwise, always remove the battery from the charge once it is fully charged.
The DeWALT DCD771C2 is a versatile tool that will become the “go-to” drill on your projects. DeWALT is known for quality and excellence in their products. If you’re new to DeWALT tools, it’s an excellent way to get started. If you’ve been a loyal DeWALT customer, this drill will live up to what you’ve come to expect from them.
Find out how much others love the DeWALT DCD771C2 by checking out the reviews on Amazon, and then put one in your shopping cart today.